Petrojam is hiring a Technical Marketing Manager (Petroleum/Minerals industry). - Continue to develop and manage market segmentation and analysis - Gather a thorough knowledge of competitors and customers (applications, product portfolio, grades, prices and volumes)
Wednesday, July 3, 2013 - 11:30am
- Technical or operational experience in the petroleum/industrial minerals industry. Technical degree preferred.
- Core marketing skills: exceptional value chain analysis, market analysis, positioning, value proposition, strategy development and competitive analysis helpful.
- Ability to develop sufficient technical insight into our products and applications to allow full understanding of existing and potential sources of customer value-needs to know and have had exposure in this industry or similar technically related industries.
- Ability to analyze competitive environment in this industry, to think conceptually and develop a sound business strategy.
- Ability to effectively manage through influence across a cross-functional organization.
- Strong project management skills with experience working within a stage-gate product development structure.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements in the industry.
- Computer literate (Must have strong Excel (modeling, etc), Powerpoint and website maintenance)
- Financial Evaluation/Results oriented
- A minimum of a BS in a technical discipline with 5-7 years commercial/industrial experience (Technical background in industrial minerals sector of the market, oil and gas, drilling) in sales, marketing, (if sales and mkt it needs to be paired with strong technical exp) technical or product management preferably combined with an MBA. Global organizational experience preferred.
- Clear, concise and convincing presentation skills.
- Fluent English required, other languages would be highly advantageous Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Clearly define segment needs and value proposition in order to drive the new product and application development process
- Develop, manage and drive the implementation of the marketing strategy and tactics to gain a sustainable competitive advantage (4P's)
- Define competitive strengths and weaknesses and integrate this into the business strategy
- Maintain a thorough understanding of market trends and competitive behavior to ensure value creation and positively impact profitability by working closely with commercial and product management functions
- Coordinate business strategies with other Imerys businesses to ensure synergistic segment and account strategies are implemented
- Assess proactively business opportunities and initiatives in order to support the Division growth both internally and externally (new product development, geographical expansion, leverage of other Imerys resources and assets, acquisitions, etc)
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.