Safety and Security Guidelines for visitors
- No smoking or naked lights.
- Obey the directives of the guards at all times
- All visitors must go to the reception area to meet their escort on this compound.
- Speed limits 20 kmph on the main road and 5 kmph in restricted areas.
- Give way to emergency vehicles and heavy-duty vehicles at all times.
- Park vehicles facing outwards.
- Obey no parking signs.
- Do not drive or walk into restricted areas.
- Wear personal protective equipment issued to you and return it to the receptionist before you leave.
- Wear visitors ID at all times.
- Do not tamper with fire equipment.
- Children are only allowed in the canteen and the administration building and must be supervised at all times minimum age 15.
- Never leave the area which you are authorized to enter and wander on the compound.
- Obviously defective vehicles are not permitted to enter the compound i.e. exhaust leaks, exposed electrical wires etc.
- Cameras, radios, pagers and cell phones should not be taken outside administration building.
- Firearms should not be brandished or exposed.
- If there is a fire or emergency do as directed by Petrojam Employee.
- Never attempt to start your vehicle on the compound during an emergency unless instructed to do so by a Petrojam employee.
- An emergency at Petrojam is usually indicated by the sounding of a bell which indicates a fire or rapid short blast of whistles which indicates other types of emergencies, e.g. spill, leaks etc.